New Student Advising: Transfer Students
Welcome to UCSC!
• New Student College Advising Guide for Transfer Students (required reading for new transfer students!)
• New Student Major Advising Summaries for Transfer Students (coming in May/June!)
You have already had valuable exposure to the college experience, and now is the time to get adjusted to UCSC and “hit the ground running!" Because the time you have to complete your degree is limited, it is important to seek information about resources and opportunities as soon as possible. To ensure a smooth transition to UCSC, do the following prior to your arrival:
- Learn how UCSC advising is organized and how to access advisers.
- Become familiar with your student portal (my.ucsc.edu), including how to access your academic information and enroll in classes.
- Consider how your intended major fits with your long-term goals, learn about the major you’re planning, and identify whether you are meeting qualification requirements for your intended major as well as your starting point in the major’s curriculum.
- Choose and enroll in classes for your first term based on your major requirements, your interests, and your strengths.
- Research the ways you can build a foundation for success by finding ways to engage with the campus.
- Be aware of issues and requirements that are specific to transfer students.
The links above will give you much of the information you need!