Maximum Enrollment Quarters and Credits

Students who enter as frosh are expected to complete their degrees within four years of enrollment, and junior transfer students are normally expected to complete their degrees within two years of enrollment.  Students who need to enroll beyond this time must complete all degree requirements within 5 years (15 quarters of enrollment) or, for junior transfer students, 3 years (9 quarters of enrollment).  More information is in The Navigator

If you are already declared in a major and find that you need to extend your enrollment beyond the EGT (expected graduation term) listed in your MyUCSC Portal, contact an adviser at your college.  Your college may ask you to file a Petition to Extend Enrollment.

To find your EGT, go to your MyUCSC Student Center and click on “Student Advising Summary” and then the “Degree” tab. You do not need to have your EGT adjusted if you are planning to graduate before the term indicated; if you need to attend after this term, however, it is very important you contact your college to request an adjustment or extension.